We all have them. Whether you verbalize it or not. There are always things that we wished we would have ended up following through with in the year. So at the end of the year we lament our misgivings and put up some resolutions, or things that we’d like to work on in the coming year.
You know what’s the best resolution you could ever make?
Read the Bible through in a year.
I know. If you’ve never done it before it probably sounds like a bear. Maybe you’ve never read more than a few chapters of the Bible. Maybe you’ve never really read any of the Bible.
Well here’s your chance to change.
YouVersion.com has released a new tool that will help you towards that goal. Here are some of the informational stats from the website:
• 20+ plans are available online and on your mobile device, so you can keep up with your reading no matter where you are.
• You can customize each plan to match your schedule by making it shorter or longer.
• Easily track where you are by checking off each day’s reading. We’ll also show you how far along you are with a percentage of completion.
• Your online and mobile accounts will synchronize your information, including your plan and your progress.
• Soon, you’ll be able to build a support system by opting in for accountability emails to you and/or a friend.
Following a reading plan helps you stay on track with your Bible reading goals. Choose one (or several) and each day a special selection will be ready and waiting for you.
I’m set with my plan and I’d love for you to join me. I’ll also be challenging my congregation to jump in. I know it will be a transformational time as we seek to spend more time in God’s Word.
Here’s to a wonderful 2010.
[image by thebrownhorse]