Hi. It’s me again.
(Keep reading below, cause I’m going to share an important strategy and ask a favor)
For regular readers of this blog, you’ll know that I’ve been gone for a long time. My last post was back in April. Any idea why?
Heard of it? In case you haven’t, you can catch up here: hopetrending.org/resources
You can read what others have written about it here:
But, let me give you the executive summary:
Hope Trending is a live global evangelistic event beginning this Friday, October 14th at 8pm EST. It’s based on research we did with young adults and others on the campus of Andrews University. We asked them this question: How can we help you reach your friends for Jesus? They shared. We listened. And we put together an evangelistic initiative based upon what we heard.
Why am I so excited about the series?
- It’s a 60-minute format from start to finish. There’s a 20 minute TED talk style presentation, a 20-minute interactive discussion, and some other transitional elements to total the 60 minutes.
- People will be given opportunities to make decisions online. I believe God can use this in a major way.
- It will be global in the sense that there will be 11 different broadcast times for each presentation. Really. There will be a convenient experience for every time zone on the planet. Check out the full schedule here: live.hopetrending.org.
- It will be highly interactive. We’ll be using the Church Online Platform (thanks, Life.church!) and there will be a chat experience for every time zone. People will also be able to interact with the discussion panel via social media.
- Viral capacity. We’ll be streaming this event right on HopeTrending.org, but we’ll also be putting a feed on the Hope Trending Facebook page.
Ok, so here’s what I really want to get to.
I’ve spoken with dozens of different pastors and leaders in my denomination concerning this series. Some are partnering with this series and some are not able to for various reasons. But would you like to know a simple way you can partner with Hope Trending so others can know about Jesus?
- First, make sure to like the Hope Trending Facebook page. You’ll be able to engage and interact with us from there, and even view the presentation via a Facebook Live feed there and…
- Share the Facebook Live feed at 8pm EST and every night. Period. This alone has an off-the-chart ability to reach a lot of people; tens of thousands of people. I may be wrong, but this may be the first time our denomination does a large-scale series and streams it on Facebook Live. This is pretty exciting.
So does that make sense? Find the Facebook Live feed and share it. Easy. Ask your friends to do those same two steps above.
Are you a subscriber from a different denomination?
Let me be clear. During this series, you’ll get a peek at what Seventh-day Adventists believe. I believe you’ll hear a Jesus filtered and Bible-based worldview that brings hope to over 19 million people (and counting) in this fast growing movement. So if you’ve ever been curious about Seventh-day Adventists and what they believe, you can listen in from the comfort of your own home and computer. Go to hopetrending.org to watch or catch it on the Facebook Live feed referenced above.
On Friday we’ll see the fruition of an initiative that began around 1.5 years ago. I can’t believe it. A lot of people are involved and I couldn’t be prouder of what is launching just a few short days from now. Would you join me in praying that a lot of people would be reached for the sake of Jesus?