I was in a meeting today with a group of pastors and Ken Burrill (he’s like the pastor’s coach/supervisor) gave a great presentation on the “10 Characteristics of a Missional Leader” based upon the life of Jesus.
I’d like to share them with you here.
1. Invested in people (didn’t get the citation)
2. Saw long and far (John 17)
3. Sent people away from Him on mission (Luke 10:1)
4. Grieved for communities (Luke 19:41)
5. Led a balanced life (Matthew 15:39)
6. Embraced other cultures (John 4)
7. Gave up His will. In other words, he always listened to the Father for guidance. (Mark 14:36)
8. Surrounded Himself with lost people (Luke 15:1)
9. His harvest vision was leveraged by prayer (Matthew 9:37-38)
10. Felt the needs of people (Matthew 9:36)
Thoughts? What do you think makes a missional leader?
[image by draml]