I’ve been thinking about this for awhile, but I hadn’t pulled the trigger. I think the time is now, though.
I’d like to officially open the doors to anyone that would like to be a contributor here at Modern Ekklesia. Why am I opening the doors like this? Because I know that there’s quite a few people out there that wouldn’t normally start their own blog for a variety of reasons, but who have really good stuff to share and are looking for a venue to share. So here’s your opportunity.
1. It has to in some way deal with church, leadership, or technology. That’s the first part. So they can be book reviews, product/website reviews, how-to’s, productivity, or something else. If you’ve been around here long enough, you generally know the flavor of the posts I usually write.
2. The post cannot be an advertisement for your product or a sponsored post.
1. Your post must be original and not previously published either on the Web or in print.
2. You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
4. Your post should be at least 300 words long and no more than 1,000 words.
5. You will get attribution for your work at the end of the post through a feature that I would turn on in Standard Theme. It creates a little “author” box where you can include your blog link, Twitter link, and Facebook link. Whatever you want to include of those as well as a brief bio.
I will likely copyedit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc, as well as add the final picture before publishing.
If you have an idea for a post, email a one or two line synopsis here, and then if it fits into the theme of this blog, I’ll add you in. This is for the purpose of ensuring that we’re not multiplying content that’s already been covered.
That’s it! Look forward to hearing from some of you.
[image by smileham]